- Olive oil benefits for skin is that it is rich in healthy fats and phenolic antioxidant vitamin E along with squalene and oleic acidas.
- The antioxidants present in olive oil- hydroxytyrosol along with the vitamin E help in preventing cell degeneration in your skin, thus preventing premature ageing.
- Olive Oil is an excellent moisturizer. Attracts external moisture to the skin while still allowing the skin to perform normal functions as sweating, shedding.
- Olive Oil is an emollient.
- Olive Oil, which is one of the best oils for skin care. As well as being quite mild, it is moisturizing, attracting external moisture and holding it close to the skin, and also forming a breathable film to prevent internal moisture loss
DIY Make Up Removal:
Olive oil doesn’t sting the eye and is not harsh on the skin unlike some cosmetic make up removers.
In case you are worried about the oiliness it will leave behind, that problem can easily be resolved by washing your face with your regular face wash after you remove your makeup with olive oil.
Sensitive skin is good to use:
Benefits Of Olive Oil For Hair:
If you have dry damaged hair that lead to other hair problems like split ends and frizzy hair, mix 4 tbsp of olive oil with half a tsp. of honey. Fill a bowl with boiling water and place a smaller bowl containing this mix in it so that you don’t lose the benefits of both olive oil and honey. Apply this to your scalp and let it sit for 20 minutes followed by usual hair wash and conditioning.
To use olive oil for deep conditioning of hair, take equal quantities of olive oil and water and mix them together. Apply this on your scalp just after you have shampooed. Let this mixture sit on your work its magic for 5-10 minutes followed by another round of rinsing with shampoo.